Strategies For Online Learning Success
With the passage of time and technology advancing at lightning speed more and more students are heading for online courses. This is because of the obvious fact that online learning gives students to learn at their own pace, convenience and time. But the benefits of online learning cannot be reaped to the fullest if students do not lead a disciplined life.( Kerr,et,al,2006) Years of learning in offline classes have developed a mindset in students that there would always be a mentor sitting in front of them who would guide them throughout their learning process. Even though online learning makes availability of mentors easy breaking out of the traditional mindset and adapting to the modern teaching methods is often difficult for students. In this article we are going to simplify the process of online learning by sharing some strategies and online learning tips with students.
Strategies To Succeed In Online Learning
· Prepare A TO-DO List- To achieve the most in online learning it is very important to be organized. Students are advised to prepare a to do list where they can list their assignments as per priority and also make a list of the things required to work on the assignments. So that they can keep them handy while working on the assignments. (Cantrell,et.al,2008)
· Make Your Own Schedule- Students have the privilege to work in flexible shifts when studying online. But to perform well it is advised that students stick to a particular schedule similar to the one they were used to in their universities. This helps them stay disciplined and also ensures that their tasks are completed on time. Therefore considering all the priorities students should prepare a schedule and stick to it to strike balance between their personal and professional lives.
· Identify Your Learning Pattern- Even though the learning pattern in schools and universities are the same for all students, not all students have the same pattern biologically. The sleep cycle of students vary from person to person. Some are early risers while some are most productive at late nights. Therefore it is important to identify your learning pattern and prepare a schedule according to it.
· Have A Dedicated Work Place- A dedicated work place helps students focus on their subjects and improves concentration. It also saves a lot of time and energy of students by keeping them away from distractions. Also a dedicated work place makes a student much more organized and disciplined.
· Be Inquisitive And Proactive- It is advised that students during their online classes remain proactive and do not step back from asking questions. SourceEssay offers instant assignment help to students with the help of certified experts. They make sure students get instant solutions to any kind of assignment problems at the click of a mouse.
· Stay Connected - Physical distance doesn’t stop students from getting to know their peers and fellow classmates. To make the most in online classes students need to stay connected with their peers. Online learning helps students connect to professional certified professors and fellow classmates through group discussions, via chat, email and video conference. SourceEssay offers online assignment help to students and provides 24/7 round the clock assistance.
Therefore it can be said that to make the most in online classes students should keep the following points in mind. First, they should prepare a to do list, second, they should make their own schedule, third, they should identify their learning pattern, they should have a dedicated work place, they should be proactive during the class, and they should stay connected with their peers and professors through online software so that they remain engaged in the classes.
Kerr, M. S., Rynearson, K., & Kerr, M. C. (2006). Student characteristics for online learning success. The Internet and Higher Education, 9(2), 91-105.
Cantrell, S. W., O'Leary, P., & Ward, K. S. (2008). Strategies for success in online learning. Nursing Clinics of North America, 43(4), 547-555.